In the midst of my feeling gross, I received my June Birchbox and a notification that my yearly subscription was up for renewal. Here's what was in the June box:
- Birchbox and Color Club nail polish from the Wanderlust Collection ($8 for 4 mini-bottles). I got Reign in Spain, but there are a total of four colors: London Calling (a sunny green), Reign in Spain (a fiery coral), Pardon My French (candy-colored lavender) and Mod in Manhattan (a brilliant off-white). I am not thrilled with the color I got, but I may give it a try. I'm pretty sure it won't look great with my skin tone.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (full price: $18). This is an award-winning oil-busting dry shampoo that is beloved by celebs. I have tried many different dry shampoos and always get the same result: disappointment. I am so not a fan of these products. I may try this one, but I have super low expectations.
- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser (full size: $32.95). This is a two-in-one cleanser and exfoliator that "magically" lathers and leaves a lemony smell. I'll give this a try, but i am not impressed by the tiny, tiny size of the sample.
- The Laundress Wash and Stain Bar (full size: $6). This is a "lifestyle extra" for the box, and honestly, I wish it had been left out. It smells so strong that the minute I open the box, it is all I can smell. It is a little bar that helps remove stains. I like the idea of this product...I just wish it didn't have such a strong scent. Blech.
- Also included was a sample of Something Blue, a perfume from Oscar de la Renta.
So...this is my last Birchbox. As I mentioned, I got an email saying that my annual subscription was up for renewal. This email came around the same time as my June box. I was not impressed with the June box, and haven't really been digging the samples in the Birchboxes this year. So I canceled. And I feel good about this decision.
Over the months, the size of the box got smaller, and I was less and less impressed with the products I received. If I could fix Birchbox, I would include a full size product every month, have a wider variety of products, and stop sending stupid samples of perfume (the kind you get for free in department stores) in each and every box. I seriously have a Birchbox that is overflowing with perfume samples that just need to be thrown out.
I love the idea of Birchbox and subscribed for two years. Yes, I'll miss it, but I think it's time to move on. Who knows...maybe I'll check out a different monthly service, like Glossybox. We'll see!