Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Let it Be!

My current mantra.  Better than "whatever..."
This Spring (April through mid-June, and possibly this August...we'll see) is filled with one stressful event after the other.  My work life has exploded and I have way too much to do.  I'm doing my best to stay sane and get through it without letting too much fall through the cracks.

Due to the high volume of work (and stress) currently in my life, I am doing my best to keep this blog up-to-date.  I know I am going to miss a day or week here or there, but that doesn't mean I've lost interest or that I'm closing up shop.

To counteract all this craziness, I realize that I have to be kind to myself first and foremost. I have to take a "let it be" approach on things that I just can't deal with.  Yes, I'll get my bills paid, but I won't stress about updating my checkbook.  Yes, I'll try to make healthy choices with food and exercise when I can, but I won't torture myself by checking the scale or punishing myself for not being perfect or gaining a pound or two (or five!) during these stressful times.  Sure, I'll do my laundry each week, but cleaning my house from top to bottom may just have to wait.  In other words, I am going to let it be.  Keep calm and carry on...or whatever you're favorite saying is for just going with the flow.

One thing that is non-negotiable: getting enough sleep and maintaining good habits like washing off my makeup before going to bed.  The last thing I need is to be stressed, sleep deprived, and broken out!

How do you get though stressful periods when time is tight and expectations from almost every corner are sky-high?  How do you find balance?  Add some thoughts, because I think this is something we all struggle with.

Enough for now.  Hope you are having a good week.  I'll try to get a Beauty Product of the Week up for tomorrow...if not, I'll get to it later (or not!).

No comments: