Thursday, May 02, 2013

Beauty Product of the Week: Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

What is it? Clinique's Stay-Matte Oil Free Makeup, "helps you stay matte all day. This patent-pending formula absorbs shine, controls oil, and resists sweat.  This formula has been tested for streaking and fading at 88°F with a constant 80% humidity."  Available at Sephora and department stores in 20 shades for $23.

What did you think? I am currently at the start of what may be some of the most stressful weeks of work I've dealt with in a long time.  I do not have time right now to be worrying about my foundation slipping or my skin feeling greasy.  I have long days of intense meetings where I need to be constantly focused on the task at hand.  I need simplicity and products that work without much effort on my part.

So far, Clinique's Stay Matte foundation is doing exactly what I need it to--not cause me any grief. It goes on easily and the shade I got seems to be just right for my skin tone.  The foundation feels light when I'm applying it, but it does a good job of providing coverage without being heavy, thick, or uncomfortable.  It lasts all day long and it does seem to be keeping the oil in my T-zone at bay.

Final verdict?  This foundation makes my skin look better and it feels good.  Combine that with it's all-day wear, and I'm sold.  Nice job, Clinique!

1 comment:

peter joe said...

Hi Lydia,
I have just been searching for info about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out so far.

peter joe
discount beauty products