Thursday, May 09, 2013

Beauty Product of the Week: Kombucha Cleanser

What is it? emerginC's Scientific Organics Kombucha Cleanser is a "gentle, effective, deep cleanser for all skin types that helps remove environmental pollutants, excess oil and make-up without drying the skin.  The main ingredient is Kombucha, with grape stem cells, algae extract, glycerin, brightening complex with xylose and galactose from palmaria palmata, spirulina, green tea, white tea, aloe vera, and maritime pine bark."  Available online for $34.

What did you think? emerginC recently launched an all natural results-oriented line of skincare products under their Scientific Organics brand.  These products are made from organic ingredients and do not contain nasty chemicals like parabens and petro-chemicals.  In other words, this cleanser is pretty darn clean. 

I have combination skin, so it can be tricky to find a product that cleans well, controls my oily spots, and doesn't over dry my dry patches.  This cleanser seemed to be a good compromise.  It seemed to remove my makeup well and it left my skin feeling clean and fresh.  It has a light, bright, almost citrus-y smell that I really like.  It doesn't lather up as well as I would like, but that wasn't enough to keep me from liking it. 

Final verdict? This is a spendy product, but it seems to cleanse effectively without stripping all the oils from the skin (overdrying is a bad thing!).  Plus this smells amazingly good, so go for it if you have the cash. 

No comments: