Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Random Beauty Quote

It's the middle of yet another busy week, and I really should do a proper post, but I'm tired.  All I have for you are words of wisdom from a woman who evokes strong opinions...Yoko Ono:


“Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl's best beauty aid is still a near-sighted man.”


Here's an even more bit of randomness relating to Yoko:
I've been a Beatles fan my entire life.  I feel like their music has been integral in forming me, which is kind of weird.  My first memory of a major news story was when John was shot and killed in NYC in December 1980.  I remember feeling sad, cold, and uncertain as the details of his death were reported. 

As a little girl I had the weird notion that one day, I could grow up and marry Sean Lennon since we're generally the same age.  Yoko as a mother-in-law...now that would be something.  I was a weird kid.

Hope you're having a good week!

No comments: