Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mascara Review, Day 2

I'm trying out three different mascaras this week.  This is my second mascara review for the week.

Yesterday I told you about Physicians Formula Organic Wear FakeOut Mascara. Today it's Pop Beauty's Peak Performance Mascara.

About Organic Wear Fake Out
Pop Beauty Peak Performance Mascara lengthens and strengthens for healthy, voluminous lashes. The unique, comb applicator works to separate, curl and define as it coats each lash with gorgeous, glossy color. Formulated with panthenol and hydrolyzed keratin, it fortifies and hydrates to promote strong, sexy eyelashes. Brilliant Black is a rich, black shade.  Available at Ulta for about $20.

My Experience
I feel that I am typically above average when it comes to applying makeup.  I know how to get the look I want, and am normally pretty skilled.  However, when I tried using Pop's Peak Performance Mascara, I felt like an idiot.  I found it to be extremely difficult to apply.  It seemed like there was always too much product in the comb, and it was clumpy and messy to put on.  I tried this product several times, thinking that I'd get better with practice, but that was not the case for me.  When--after the third try--I managed to get a thick, inky black clump on mascara on my eyelid (not my lash!), I decided that I'd give up on this product.

Final Thoughts
I think it's great the Pop Beauty is trying something new.  However, this mascara left me feeling frustrated, incompetent, and with a big old splotch of black goo on my eyelid.  Not awesome. 

No comments: