Thursday, April 11, 2013

Beauty Product of the Week: pH Powered Lip Gloss

What is it? Physician's Formula pH Powered Lip Gloss "instantly matches you in 60 seconds! Reacts to light and your pH for your perfect lip color. Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, and dermatologist approved.  Makeup Powered by You! 1st Ever Lip Gloss with pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue. It's Fluorescein Based Dye senses the pH level of your skin and adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect lip color. Photochromic Powders are light adjusting pigments that adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors and outside. Look Your Best in Every Light! Includes an LED-powered applicator lights up and features a full-size mirror, for touch-ups anywhere and everywhere!" Available at drugstores for $10 or under.

What did you think? I have this in Nude.  It feels good going on--it's not too sticky like some glosses can be.  It makes my lips feel slick, and that slick feeling--along with the color--lasts a long time.  The color is nice.  Though it's "Nude," it actually takes on a pinkish shade on my lips.  There seems to be a good amount of light-catching sparkle that make my lips look healthy and shiny.

Final verdict? The color does flatter my complexion, so I love that. And I like the way this gloss feels.  I also love that there is a mirror on the side of the tube, which makes application easy.  All lip products should have mirrors on the side!  Think of how easy that would make lipstick application when you're on the go! The built-in light is handy, but one downside is that the little light makes all the annoying hairs around my lip (the ones I desperately try to pluck!) way too noticeable.  Oh well.  Overall, I find this product to be handy on so many levels.  I like it!

No comments: