Wednesday, March 27, 2013

OMG Mad Men is Coming Back

Are you a fan of Mad Men?  It took me forever to get into the show, and I'm embarrassed to say that I ignored it for far too many years. Thanks to a 5 hour flight to Hawaii, iTunes, Netflix, and binge tv watching, I got hooked on Mad Men last spring. Now I can't wait for April 7th to come since that's when season 6 kicks off.

Mad Men is a treat to watch.  You get amazing sets, costumes, and makeup PLUS great acting, intriguing story lines, and characters you actually care about.  It's a killer hour of tv.

So, in honor of the return of Mad Men, here are a few websites to make your viewing all the more fab.

Mean Mad Men
This site combines quotes from Mean Girls with stills from Mad Men.  The result? Snarky hilarity, of course!

What Would Joan Wear
I adore Joan.  Her storyline has been so sad, but you root for her and want her to come out on top.  Joan's curves are legendary!  This site highlight's the glory that is Joan's wardrobe and could remind all of us curvy girls how to flaunt what we have.

Tom and Lorenzo
TLo's site is one of my favorites.  Their recaps of Mad Men plots....and their in depth analysis of costuming and show context really enhance the Mad Men viewing experience.  Plus if you love fashion, their site is updated daily for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: