Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beauty Quote of the Week

Have you read Grace Coddington's memoir yet?  I haven't, but it is on my "To Read" list.  Here's a great quote about personal style from her book...
Each girl had her own individual style when it came to piling on the makeup. My particular thing was to draw an extra-wide stroke emphasizing the crease of the eye socket and add extravagantly long, spidery lines below the eye, a little like doll's lashes, then paint a dot toward the inner corner for reasons I can't exactly articulate except that it looked nice and "now." Later I discovered my crazy new eyelash look being called "twiglets" and credited to the young British model Twiggy. Well, they were very much mine. I was probably doing them before she was born!
Happy Wednesday! The work week is half over.  Yay!

1 comment:

Aaqib Rock said...

I like this stunning Make up post