Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beauty Product of the Week: The Sculptor

What is it? Sephora's Sculptor Makeup Sponge is "an innovative, easy-to-use makeup sponge for allover use. Effortlessly blend with this versatile makeup sponge for a flawless finish. The superb moisture retention of this tool makes it ideal for blending foundation, applying skincare products, and removing makeup imperfections. This sponge is washable and reusable." Comes in pink or blue for $12 from Sephora.

What do you think? I've had my sponge for a couple of weeks now, and so far I really like it.  It helps blend my foundation and gives me a more cohesive, blended look.  The way I use it is to apply my foundation or BB cream with my fingers first.  Then, once I'm done, I use the sponge to blend it in better.  I like all the shapes in the sponge--it really allows me to work through all the contours and angles in my face.

Final verdict? I did a quick read of the reviews, and people have had problems when it comes to washing the sponge.  They report that it rips and doesn't clean easily.  I haven't cleaned my sponge yet, so I'm hoping it comes through in one piece.  If not, I'll either replace it with a new Sculptor or with something a bit cheaper.

No comments: