Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beauty Product of the Week: Camera Ready BB Cream

What is it? Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream is "a five-in-one formula for achieving flawless skin on camera and beyond. Oil-controlling formulation with emollients and optical pearl pigments to provide hydration and visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles after only four weeks. Comes in five shades. This multitasking tinted cream formula with SPF 35 moisturizes, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects for flawless skin on set and beyond. Formulated with emollients and optical pearl pigments, this BB Cream gives skin a glowing, ethereal look and provides a hydrating veil for the complexion to maintain moisture on the surface of the skin. With its ultrasmoothing finish, it instantly re-texturizes to create a smooth canvas and enhances the wear of makeup. Ideal even for oily complexions, this expert formula with UVA/UVB protection helps inhibit oil to prevent the complexion from getting shiny throughout the day without the typical chalky matte finish." Available at Sephora for $39.

What did you think?  Last year, I made the foolish mistake to fall in love with a BB Cream that costs $100...too much for me to feel comfortable buying on a regular basis.  So, with my budget in mind, I've been trying all sorts of BB creams--some cheap, some mid-priced.  Smashbox's BB Cream is the best I've found so far.

It is very light and goes on easily.  My skin tends to be a bit greasier than I'd like, and other BB creams fell like they slide right off or add too much shine to my naturally shiny skin.  Smashbox's doesn't seem to to do.  It provides a nice level of coverage to help unify my facial skin tone without suffocating my skin.  Using a blending sponge and a tiny bit of translucent powder sets my face for the entire day without the need for touch ups.

My only reservations are...well...it doesn't provide as much coverage as a traditional foundation.  However, since it's a BB cream, I am not expecting--or wanting--that sort of coverage.  For every day use, when time is tight and I have to look presentable at work, this BB does a great job.

The final verdict? While it is not as awesome as the $100 bottle of BB cream I fell in love with, Smashbox offers a more economical alternative. I'd buy it again without any reservations.

No comments: