Monday, January 21, 2013

January Birchbox

While heading to my mailbox last week, I noticed my neighbor leaving the mail area with a little pink Birchbox under his arm. I knew mine would be waiting for me, and was happy to see that I was right.

The theme of the January Birchbox is "Best Year Ever." To this end, the box includes a foldout poster with 25 ideas on how to make improvements in 2013. Also included are:

Amika Color pHerfection Shampoo (full size $22): this is a gentle shampoo that includes omega acids and sea buckthorn berry oil to keep hair clean and shiny.

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre 24 Hour Miracle Cream (full size $16): this moisturizer is a cult beauty product in France. It battles dryness while prepping skin for foundation and makeup.

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (full size $25-$90): this is a feminine fragrance with berry, mandarin, and floral notes.

theBalm Put a Lid On It Eyelid Primer (full size $18): used under eyeshadow, this promises to stop creasing, smudges, and smears.

Juice Beauty Daily Essentials To Go (full size $29): the 3-step cleaning system includes cleansing milk, antioxidant serum, and a nutrient moisturizer.

Overall impressions: I'm looking forward to trying the shampoo and French moisturizer. There's some good stuff this month. There are two things this month that I have to mention: 1) for some reason, I got two tubes of shampoo and 2) the January Birchbox is noticeably smaller than in previous months. The box itself is several inches smaller. Hopefully, doesn't mean that future boxes will be smaller and will therefore contain lesser quality items. I hope this is not the case, but I'll keep an eye on it.

5 comments:

zombies8herbrain said...

I would have loved to get that Juice Beauty sampler...I got a sample tube of the moisturizer from Ipsy (myglam) and I fell in love! Also, Can never have enough juicy perfume samples. As far as the getting two tubes of shampoo, better to get doubles then to get shorted, right?!

Le Tre Line said...

Hello Lydia! We Three Line and we are your new followers.

Congratulations for your blog. It 's really nice.
We too have a blog. We would like to come on our blog.

I'll leave the link:http://onlineonlove.blogspot.it/

kisses

caitlyndixonMUA said...

love your blog :) please check mine out! http://cd-glitter.blogspot.ca/

Dabalash said...

I would like to buy this product. I liked it.

Susie said...

Hmmm...interesting. I seems like you got great products here. I always wanted to try this birch box ans upon seeing this, I think I'll go and give it a try.