Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Hate Winter

I've lived on the West Coast for over a decade now, and in that time I've gone from thinking Winter is ok to downright hating it.  Living in the Seattle-area, I've come to love the rain and moderate temperatures.  Lately, though, we've been in the midst of cold snap and I am not a happy camper. 

Icy streets, the threat of snow, and long, dark nights all add to my Winter hatred.  But nothing is worse than what the Winter weather does to our skin.  Thanks to forced hot air inside and cold temps outside, my skin has really dried out.  And this year, my lips are taking the brunt of the bad weather.

For some reason, I've had an annoying dry patch on my lower lip that doesn't seem to want to go away.  Add to that the fact that the corners of my mouth are cracked, and I'm miserable.  And I am searching anywhere for relief.

One product that seems to be helping is the oddly named Dr. Lipp's Original Nipple Balm for Lips.  100% natural and hypoallergenic, this balm can be used anywhere you have chapped dry skin.  It was originally made with nursing mothers in mind, but it can also help soothe cracked cuticles, flaky elbows, and chapped lips. 

Dr. Lipp is made of medical-grade lanolin.  It can be a bit tricky to apply (it's seems a bit thick and hard at first), but it is long lasting and flavorless.  It provides a great deal of relief to my painfully chapped lips, so yay for that.

What's your favorite lip product?  You should consider add this to your gloss routine!

No comments: