Monday, November 26, 2012

November Birchbox

It's the end of the month...time to review the November offerings from Birchbox.  This month's box included:
  • Atelier Cologne, Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue.  A full-sized bottle runs about $100 and up.  The scent is vaguely sweet with a rosy, spicy clean smell that reminds me of fancy soap and lingerie drawer sachets. It's very feminine, but not horrible. (That's a pretty good review.  I am picky about scents and have a signature perfume that I love.  This is not it....nor will it replace it!)
  • Miracle Skin Transformer Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector.  This is goes on before makeup to prep skin--a serum infused primer that has optical diffusers to mask skin imperfections.  Full sized version is $58.  I am looking forward to giving this a try because really...who's skin can't benefit from a little help?
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture and Volume Spray.  A full size is $25.  Oscar Blandi products are typically excellent, so I have high hopes.  That said, I rarely wear hairspray (I think I am still shaking off my fear of AquaNet that developed in the late 80s), but this one is light and non-sticky.  It helps build volume, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 
  • Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer.  $20 for a full size of this luminescent fluid.  A little goes a long way--they suggest adding it to cheek bones or decolletage or mixing it in with foundation for an all over glow.  My face tends to get shiny, so I am not sure I how I feel about adding more "luminizing," but I'm willing to give it a try.
Also included:
  • Holiday gift guide (always fun to flip through)
  • A reusable gift envelope (good for giving someone something small)
  • Chuao Chocolatier ChocoPod (the one in my box was a chocolate bar with bits of potato chips in it.  Sounds weird, but OMG it was yummy.  Chocolate, salt, and crunch.  Perfect period food!)
All in all, this box was mixed.  I am looking forward to a few things, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any of these products.  We'll see how they are once I have a chance to test them.

1 comment:

Sara Fiore said...

complimenti per il blog! io ho aperto un nuovo blog passi? http://fashionpoppyflower.blogspot.it/ baci S.