Friday, October 26, 2012

VOTE!

Here's a quick reminder to all my lovely readers in the U.S.: The November 6th election is just around the corner--we all know this...we can escape the ads and the news.  If you're over 18 and registered, don't forget to VOTE.  It's the easiest and most important thing you can do as a citizen. 

As women, there is a ton at stake for us this election cycle.  If you have doubts and are thinking about sitting this one out, just take a moment to consider: the next president will likely appoint Supreme Court judges, and women's reproductive rights just may be on the chopping block.

If you can vote early, do so.  If you're like me in a vote-by-mail state, take 10 minutes this weekend to research the candidates and cast your ballot.  If you have to wait until the 6th, brush up on the candidates and issues in your area.  Be informed and cast your vote.

Me?  I voted within 5 minutes of receiving my ballot.  And if you know me and know my blog, you already know which side I'm on...the progressive side. 

VOTE!    VOTE!    VOTE!

No comments: