Monday, October 08, 2012

Things I'm Digging Right Now...

Last week was tough on me.  I was busy at work, had stuff going on at home, and--to top it all off--my allergies were acting up AND I felt like I was getting a cold.  Not my best week.  Here's how I got through it:
 For My Allergy Eyes
I don't typically suffer from allergies in the fall (I have the pleasure of sneezing, wheezing, and itching in the spring), but for some reason, this year has been different.  My allergies have been kicking in big time, resulting in a runny nose and red, itchy eyes.  Thankfully, I've been using Visine Maximum Redness Relief.  They've been my magic weapon against redness and irritation ($6 or less at drugstores).

For My Cold That Never Really Happened
I hate those first telltale signs of a cold: the twinge of a sore throat, the slight stuffiness in my nose, that feeling of being off. I asked my co-worker what she uses for the first signs of cold.  She recommended Source Naturals Wellness Herbal Resistance Liquid.  This liquid tastes...interesting.  Not quite good, not quite bad.  It contains a powerful combination of herbs, designed to help support the immune system. Echinacea and goldenseal promote well-being, while Yin Chiao, a valued Chinese herbal complex, helps the body maintain a state of balance. I've been taking this regularly and was able to keep my cold at bay.  I'm hooked! ($11 at Amazon.)

For My Soul
I love candles.  Burning them makes me feel relaxed and I love the way they make my house smell.  Thanks to a Groupon I bought awhile ago, I've been enjoying my Diamond Candles Vanilla Cream candle.  Diamond Candles are soy-based candles with a twist--inside each one is a ring ranging in value from $10 to $1,000.  The ring in my candle was a cheap-o, but it's still pretty and it was fun burning the candle down to pull it out.  Now I have a fun ring and the remainder of my lovely candle to enjoy.  Awesome!  (Available online for $25.)

1 comment:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Weeks like that are never fun, but I'm glad you found ways to get through it!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com