Now...it IS late-ish in October, but hey...I just got my box a few days ago. That's one of my problems with Birchbox. My month box comes so late in the month, it's ridiculous. Oh well.
Anyway, this month, Birchbox teamed up with goop--that annoying Gweneth Paltrow lifestyle site. I had the option of the goop box or a regular box. Despite my feeling that goop is preachy and a bit too much to deal with, I opted for the goop version. Why not. Here's what in it:
- Amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask (full size: $12 to $40): This is a hair mask that is packed with omega acids and vitamin C. It's supposed to boost shine and repair split ends. I'm actually really looking forward to trying this out!
- Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara (full size: $42): $42 mascara? This better be good stuff. It is water-resistant and supposedly gives "exceptional" volume, length, and curl We'll see.
- DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer (full size: $85): This fills in pores and wrinkles to make skin appear smoother while providing anti-aging benefits. I could use a good pore minimizer...I've never found one I really liked or found effective.
- Eve Lom Cleanser and Muslin Cloth (full size: $22-$50): This cleans gently and purifies and tones skin. I'm looking forward to trying out the muslin cloth--it feels great, so I'm sure it will clean nicely.
- Luna LemonZest (pack of 15: $18.75): I'm not a big fan of Luna bars, so I'll probably end up giving this to the Mister. He loves lemony stuff. As far as I'm concerned, they could have left this out and thrown in some lip product or something. Oh well. I don't run the world.