Monday, October 01, 2012

New Hair, New You?

I've mentioned a few times that I am miserable when it comes to doing my hair.  I can blow it dry, use a round brush, and use a flat iron.  That's about it.  I'm also less than diligent on getting my hair cut and colored regularly.

Lately, my hair has become super long...and that I love.  But the color has faded out.  My natural medium (dishwater) blonde roots have grown to epic proportions and my husband jokes that I have ombre hair without really wanting it.  I finally broke down and made an appointment with my stylist.  A little over an hour later, my hair is now lightened up, my roots are gone, and I have killer, long layers.  My hair has gone from tragic to pretty damn awesome, if I don't say so myself. 

Now that I have new hair, I feel like I need to elevate my overall look.  To change up my game, I headed over to Sephora to pick up a few things.  Strangely, I walked out with all Sephora brand products, notably:

Sephora Collection Primal Instincts Eyeshadow Palette, $28.  This palette includes 14 shades perfect for the office and for going out.  It's a versatile collection of colors ranging from neutral to wearable pops of color.  Should be fun!

Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara, $15.  I don't think I've ever given a Sephora mascara a try, so I'm testing this out.  This mascara is supposed to help moisturize lashes while providing volume.  Since I wear glasses, volume is way more important than length. 

Now that I'm much blonder than I was, I feel like I need more color on my lips.  To help achieve this, I'm also testing out Everyday Minerals You Pierce My Soul, $6.99.  It's a super moisturizing berry shade that should look great against my pale skin.

When you change up your hair color, do you change your makeup as well?  Or am I crazy?

1 comment:

Stacey Beck said...

I'm right there with ya! I just went from a medium brown to a dirty blonde, (working my way to platinum) and I feel like my make up is all wrong. I'm still in the process of figuring out what to do. I didn't even think about needing color on my lips until I read this but I totally agree. Maybe I should look into taking some make up courses. It's fun to switch things up every now and then!