Thursday, October 04, 2012

Beauty Product of the Week: Quik Style

What is it?  Goody's Quik Style paddle hair brush  let's you "Go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever before. To help speed your styling routine, the brush is designed for detangling wet hair, quick removal of excess water and styling with or without a hair dryer. For all hair types.  Reduces water by 30%* to dry faster.  Absorbent microfiber bristles

*In laboratory testing, the Goody Quik Style brush removed an average 30% of water from hair across a variety of hair types. Results vary upon usage."  Available at drugstores and big box stores for less than $12.

What did you think? Time is funny.  It's entirely relative, so that 5 minutes at work feels like 30 but 5 minutes doing something fun feels like no time at all.  I don't know about you, but when I'm getting ready for work in the morning, every single stinking minute counts.  If there is some way to cut down a minute or two here and there, I'm all for it.

Of all the tasks I have to complete every morning, my least favorite one is drying and dealing with my hair.  Lately, my hair has gotten really long (too long!) and drying takes forever.  I snagged this brush with low expectations, but have been pleasantly surprised.

I use it after my shower and it easily glides through my hair, gently removing any tangles.  I make sure to take a few extra seconds to really brush my hair through, hoping those weird microfibers suck up extra water.  I can't be sure...not in any scientific way...but I do think that using this brush helps cut down on my dreaded blow dry time.

Like I said, time is relative.  If I think it's taking a few minutes off my "getting ready for work clock" then it's doing what it's supposed to.

Final verdict? I say this is a keeper.  It's a bit silly, but it seems to cut my dry time down.  I have yet to clean out this brush (and doing so freaks me out a bit), but I recommend it.  It doesn't do anything bad, so why not!

1 comment:

Zaggora Girl said...

Wow, this product looks so useful and handy, will definitely give it a try! Does this product also help straighten the hair, and make it less frizzy?