Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Time Flies

Wow.  I'm not entirely sure where the majority of this year went.  It seems like the spring and summer zipped by and I haven't been exactly up on my blogging duties.  Now that fall is (almost) here and school is starting up, I get a chance to hit the reset button and move forward.  I can't promise how often my space will be updated, but I have a lot of blog posts in mind.  Be sure to check back soon and I'll have new content to share!

Time really has flown by for me, but that only partially explains my writing absence.  Another huge reason for my lack of writing is fatigue.  Not physical fatigue, but just a sense of being overwhelmed, under-impressed, and generally sick of all the damn products flooding the market.  I'm not one to brag about spending hundreds of dollars or showing off my latest "haul" (seriously, I hate that term and the whole notion behind it!)...in fact, I think it's kind of gross to blow tons and tons of money on frivolous things like lipstick.  Let's be honest: there are only so many tubes of mascara that a girl really needs.

Because I'm tired of all the products and all the hype and pressure to buy stuff we really don't need, my next batch of upcoming blog posts are a chance for me to get back to basics.  I'm going to highlight products I really, really love...things I use over and over again because they just get the job done.  Some of these products may not be the sexiest on the market or the most cutting edge, but they get the job done and that's all that matters.

So...this is my long-winded way of saying I am coming back and that you can expect new stuff from me very soon.  I started this blog back in 2006...that seems like a lifetime ago.  It's tough to keep it going, but I'm going to try.  In the meantime, thanks for sticking with me!

No comments: