Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple of My Eye

With Fall sorta kinda here (I say that because it's been warm and summery here in the Seattle area), it's time to focus on the warm, cozy comforts of life.  Autumn brings with it so many tempting treats.  Last week, I told you about some yummy ways to add cinnamon to your beauty routine.  Today, it's all about apples.

Here's a strange fact about me: I cannot eat raw apples (or cherries, peaches, plums, etc.) because I developed a weird allergy to them when I turned 18.  I've gone too many years without some of my favorite fruits...it's such a bummer.  At least I can still indulge in cooked variations, like apple pie.  And if that doesn't satisfy my needs, here are some apple-filled beauty products:


Super Acne Treatment with Green Apple, $25 from Dr. Perricone.  I hate that I'm well out of my teens and I still get zits.  It's not fair that we have to battle zits and wrinkles at the same time.  This acne treatment exfoliates, brightens, and balances. It delivers a faceful of the apple's awesome ingredient quercetin, a natural antioxidant that increases skin's radiance while a dose of salicylic acid assists in preventing future breakouts.

Apple Balm, $10 from Hello Kitty.  I had to include this.  I love Hello Kitty stuff.  That's a bit embarrassing, but I think most women and girls have a thing for this funny little cat.  This lip balm contains powerful extracts of strawberry, apple, and grape seed to hydrate and soften skin. Packed with powerful antioxidants, these ingredients also fight free radicals and improve skin's elasticity and youthfulness. Available in two shades, Cherry Blossom (rosy pink) and Gumdrop (bright pink).

Demon in the Dark, $7.95 from Lush.  Who doesn't love Lush? Their products are always amazing and this is no exception.  This isn't your average soap--it's a mixture of mint and crisp apple wrapped in a layer of black wax.  The antioxidants stimulate the surface of the skin and leave it brighter and cleaner.  Perfect, since Halloween is just around the corner!

No comments: