Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hungry?

Ok, ok...I am late to the party on this one and in all honesty, I am still trying to avoid the hype.  But I can't...it's everywhere.  In case you've been living under a rock, you already know that the Hunger Games movie is opening this week.  Like I said, I've been trying like hell to avoid it, but it's a juggernaut.  It's either give in and join the fun or be completely annoyed by all the buzz. 

I sat down and read all three books in the trilogy recently, and I must say, they were just ok.  Nothing too groundbreaking, but they were enjoyable enough and I guess that's all that matters.

Over the past several months, I've had a lot of email about Hunger Games inspired beauty products.  I haven't paid too much attention to this because, well...I'm just not a big bandwagon jumper.  I don't feel like passing on tips on how to make your hair look like Haymitch's.  I will not be blathering on and on about Beauty Base Zero.  I will, however, show you China Glaze's Hunger Games line of nail polish because hey...I like nail polish and it's always nice to look at pretty colors.

So...this is NOT news, but here's the Capitol Colors line by China Glaze:



What's your favorite shade?  I'm partial to Agro and Smoke and Ashes.  I think Cinna would approve.  Tell me, are you looking forward to the movie?  Are you a Katniss fan?  Who would you rather have her end up with...Gale or Peeta?  I can't believe I just typed that.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

3 comments:

Beauty Box said...

You are hilarious! At least you have read all the books. I just ordered mine online...Weird but the trigger for me were these very nail polishes featured on a YT video. I had no idea why the names are what they are and there are Hunger Games makeup tutorials on YT too...I guess I just want to see what the fuss is all about. ;-)

fashiongirliexo said...

I love riveting :) Check out my blog please :D

http://fashiongirliexo.blogspot.com/

Alexa said...

I got the whole set from Scholastic. I am a teacher in the Philippines, and in my spelling and reading class, I had the book Hunger Games for my students to read. They were all hoping to watch the movie with me and the whole class. Since I only have one girl in the class, I asked her if she's team Peeta or team Gale. We both agreed on Gale for being skilled and good-looking.