Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hot or Not: Python Pedicure

I was flipping through the latest issue of Vogue, and they highlighted a new "trend": a python pedicure.  (Head over to the Vogue website to read the article for yourself.)  The insanely expensive pedi (it's $300!) involves using real snakeskin applied directly to the nails.  The result: serpentine-patterned nails that don't come from a decal.

According to the article, the nail artist uses the skin that is naturally shed from a python.  This has me feeling very relieved.  The thought of having to slaughter a poor snake so some wealthy trendjumper can have fancy nails bothered me.  But since the skin is shed naturally, the python is more like a renewable beauty resource.

So, as for the actual look: python printed nail...do you love it or loathe it?  At first I wasn't impressed, but the more I look at it, the more the python pedi is growing on me.  I don't think I'd do it (I have plenty of other things to spend $300 on!), but it's kind of interesting.  I like animal prints in general, so this is a natural extension.

Since no snakes are hurt in the creation of this, I give the python pedicure a nod of approval.  If you've got money to burn, go for it!  What do you think?

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I can't get passed the shoes and the snake to actually check it out! I think that if I spent that much, I'd want to show them toes off with a basic black shoe and not fight for attention with a snake for the photo. But that could just be me!

socialitedreams said...

i love the look of it, but there's no way i'd spend 300 on a pedicure. a great python bag could find its way into my closet, but i wouldn't pay for the pedicure. i'd surely get stickers with the pattern though and apply or minx :D it's beautiful

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Hitchhiker42 said...

Gosh, the weird stuff chicks will put on their fingernails! I'm just waiting for LED lights to get small enough so that they can be embedded in thin sheets of plastic. Then you could sandwich it with thin-film-batteries and make flashy-light press-on-nails. All the chicks would be wearing those at the rave. (*blink*) (*blink*) Wow, I should go get a patent on this quick...