What did you think? I haven't worn an actual lipstick in ages. I've been wearing lipgloss almost exclusively all year long, specifically Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipgloss. I seem to prefer a lightweight, slicker feel on my lips. However, I wanted to try out something heavier recently and picked up a tube of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Cinnamon Stick.
I love the color I get from this product. It's rich and deep and darn near perfect. The lipstick itself seems a bit heavier and dryer than other lipsticks I've worn in the past. I think my favorite drugstore lipstick is from Revlon, but it's been years since I actually picked up a tube.
Here's what I like about the Maybelline Color Sensational line:
- There are tons of colors to pick from
- It's not a long wearing lipstick (I hate lip products designed to be worn all day--they get really dry and icky!)
- It doesn't have a distracting taste/scent
- It seems to last a good long time
- It seems a bit dull (as in lacking in shine), but I suspect I feel this way because I am used to gloss. A quick coat of clear gloss could fix this.
- It feels heavy and seems to settle into the lines of my lips more than I'd like.