It's summer, so that means it feels like everyone is either having babies or getting married. Though I loved my wedding and am so glad I'm married, I wouldn't want to have to go through all the "getting married" hoops again. Planning a wedding is a huge stress!
The folks over at CVS have sent me some advice to help brides get ready for their big day without blowing their budget. If you're getting married (or have a big event coming!), check out the tips below. You don't need to hire a makeup artist--save the money for your dress...or better yet, your honeymoon!
One Month Until “I Do”:
Wedding planning may be stressful, but brides don’t have to look like they lost sleep.
* Performing a brow facelift at-home can help release any stress lines that may have formed between the brows. The WrinkleFree Brow Patch System ($29.99) includes a built-in battery to “ion charge” the anti-aging patch for a wrinkle-free treatment, while a complimentary youth serum acts to enhance and maintain results.
* Moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes to soothe stressed-skin, while preventing damage from the sun. La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Eyes UV ($29.50) helps shield skin from UVA and UVB rays, while smoothing dehydration lines.
* Add life and shine to hair with hydrating products, such as BioLuxe Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner ($9.99 each). The formulas include Almond Oil, Vitamins E and D, and essential minerals, like Magnesium, to add luster to the hair while smoothing the cuticle.
The Week Before:
Brides should take extra care of their skin the week before their big day with preventative beauty solutions.
* Wearing a sunscreen that provides defense from both UVA and UVB rays can help prevent last minute sunburn. The broad spectrum CVS/pharmacy Extreme Sport ($9.99) is sweat-resistant to maintain its SPF protection all day, even during those final pre-wedding exercise routines.
* Banishing last-minute pimples is easy before the big day. The Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device ($39.99) is a safe, hand-held tool that uses gentle, low-level heat to painlessly destroy the bacteria that cause blemishes and reduce 90% of imperfections in 24-hours.
The Big Day Is Here!
Calm fragile nerves the day of the wedding with beauty products designed to relieve stress.
* Showering with scented body washes can help relieve tension. The Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Wash in Calming ($6.99) works with the steam of the shower to release soothing notes of Lavender, Ylang-Ylang, and Chamomile.
* Hydrating skin with a lightly-scented body cream can also help soothe and rejuvenate the mind and body. The Essence of Beauty Body Lotion in Creamy Fig ($5.99) offers a peaceful fragrance, while Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, and Vitamins E and C work to moisturize the skin.
While most brides have their makeup professionally done, there are a few helpful cosmetics they can keep close at hand to maintain their glow throughout the festivities.
* Dabbing a crème blush to the apples of the cheeks can easily create a rosy, flushed and youthful complexion. The Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ($7.99) provides a soft color and satin-like finish.
* Applying a hydrating lipstick can help to keep lips kissably soft at the alter and beyond. Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Blush ($8.99) hugs lips with a burst of weightless color, while moisturizing with Sweet Almond Oil.
All products are available nationwide at CVS/pharmacy stores and online at CVS.com.