When I first saw the products, I shrugged them off. I had never used anything by tokidoki, and the graphics seemed a little too tween-ish for my taste. I figured tokidoki was all about packaging and that the actual quality of the product would be an afterthought.
But then I actually tried something by tokidoki--their Prisma Lip Gloss (in Bullets)--and my mind was changed. Apart from being a bit too fruity, I adore this lip gloss. The color is subtle, the shine is insane, and I love the way it feels--and looks!--on my lips. The applicator takes a bit of getting used to: it's a clear silicone paddle that makes lip gloss application a snap once you get used to it.
Based on my experience with Prisma Lip Gloss, I feel a bit better about the tokidoki collection and would recommend checking it out--especially if you're buying products for a slightly younger woman.
Here's what Sephora has to say about their tokidoki products:
With summer just around the corner, it’s time to add a pop of color to your palette! Whether you are an au naturel gal or glam goddess, the new criminally cute tokidoki collection exclusively at Sephora has you covered with the hottest shades of the season. From shimmering bronzer to long-lasting lip stains and eye-popping shadows, the collection offers all you need to create an irresistibly edgy new look!
Add a little mischief to your makeup bag with these colorful must-haves:
- tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner ($16) – Channel your inner artist and draw a temporary tattoo on the skin or expertly line the eyes with this innovative chisel-tipped liquid liner. Available in eight bold shades.
- tokidoki Fantastico Lip Stain ($15) – This unique marker pen applicator will provide lips with intense color for all-day wear.
- tokidoki Luminosa Powder ($22) – Achieve a luminescent, radiant glow with this highlighting powder.
- tokidoki Cromatico Eyeshadow ($15) – Housed in signature tokidoki heart and crossbones packaging, these high-pigment shadows layer beautifully for a velvety finish. Available in 16 shades and multiple textures.
- tokidoki Brillante Glitter Eyeliner ($14) – Make your eyes sparkle with these vibrant, glitter-infused pencil liners. Available in 14 vivid shades.
- tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss ($15) – Add sexy shine to lips with this non-sticky, moisturizing formula in a sweet blueberry flavor.
- tokidoki Inferno Bronzer ($22) – A shimmering bronzer gives your face a glowing, warm color that looks stunning solo or over makeup.