If you're looking to update your makeup for the new season without breaking the bank, consider products from both mark (by Avon) and e.l.f. Here are a few of my faves from these budget-friendly brands:
Try these products from mark (available in mid-April online or through a mark rep):
- Totally Balmed Tinted SPF 15 Lip Balm ($8): Available in four shades (a tawny cocoa, a plum, a light pink, and a pink/coral) these handy-dandy balms have a minty flavor and provide a hint of flattering color while moisturizing. A big bonus is that this also has SPF protection and includes antioxidant vitamins like A, C, and E. I am a huge fan of tinted balms, but the added SPF makes this lip balm stand out!
- Glowdacious Illuminating Powder ($12): This pressed powder promises to brighten your skin, giving an instant glow no matter what time of the year. The compact is made up of three shades pressed into one easy to apply powder. Comes in light, medium, or dark to match any skin tone.
- Rio Rhythms Fragrance Mist ($18): It's a good idea to lighten up your fragrance for the new season, and I like the fragrance profile of this one. It contains jasmine, coconut water, peony, gardenia and lilac, but also has undernotes of vanilla, wood and amber. It's pleasant and interesting. mark also has another scent called Rio Bikini that is a bit more fruity, but also nice.
- Mineral Lipstick ($5): Available in 16 shades, this lipstick hydrates your lips and provides a lasting color. The shades are subtle but pretty--perfect for the spring/summer. They contain vitamins like A and E to sooth and moisturize, and the product doesn't feel heavy like some lipsticks can.
- Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder ($3): This duo will help you get a healthy glow without stepping out in the sun (or spending time in harmful tanning beds). The pink gives you a flush of color while the bronze side adds contouring and can be applied any place where the sun normally hits your face. And the price will keep you smiling!
- Studio HD Powder ($6): I love loose powder, though I rarely use it. This is a lovely little formula that helps hide fine lines while leaving your face feeling soft and looking great. Unlike pressed powder, loose powders like this make your skin feel dusted, not coated. It will help cut down shine without gunking up your skin.