Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hairy Situation, Part 2

Yesterday it was Mo'Nique and her hairy legs. Today it's a whole other hairy situation...and I totally need your help. Actually, my mom needs your help.

My mother went to get her hair cut the other day and was told by two stylists at the salon that her hair had a noticeable green cast to it. I can't see it, but I'm in no way a hair pro. Anyway, here's the deal. My mother has salt and pepper hair (that's more salt than pepper these days). She has never dyed her hair in her life (can you imagine that?). She doesn't swim. The water in her house is not overly chlorinated. She does take some medicines, but I am not entirely sure what she takes. She uses drug store brand hair products like Pantene and Head and Shoulders.

So here's what I need help with:
  1. Have you ever heard anything like this before?
  2. What do you think could be the cause of the green tint?
  3. What do you think could be used to reverse this?
Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated! My mother's not a fan of scene hair...she wasn't big on me having purple hair when I was a teenager and she's certainly not a fan of green hair on herself!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Lydia,

Well I have 2 questions.

1. Is this a salon and a stylist that your mom can trust?

2. Is there a chance they were trying to get your mom to purchase more services by passively attacking your mom's hair color?

What I would suggest:

1.Get a second opinion from a stylist you can trust.

2.Invest in a 'bluing' shampoo specially made for gray hair to help bring out more silver.

These shampoo's will have a purple or blue tint but will not turn your hair blue or purple but neutralize your hair color. You can also use this for platinum hair colors if brassiness occurs.

Brooke said...

My friend's mom's hair turned a shade of yellow/green after a perm, but I highly doubt that is a frequent occurrence.
I agree with Michelle - It may be that the salon/stylist were trying to get her to purchase more service, especially if you don't notice it.

phairhead said...

Miss Lydia, I too believe Claudia is being pressured into dropping more cash on something she doesn't need.

Get a 2nd opinion!! :D

Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

My hair does the same thing when I let it grow out or dye it back to its natural color. If she has any ash in her hair (no matter how little) her hair can appear green in some lights, mainly fluorescent. I suggest shampoo made for ash or blonde hair

All Women Stalker said...

Just like when you're diagnosed with something you don't like... GET A SECOND OPINION from another professional:)