Stress, diet, exercise, sun exposure, genetics, and bad habits take their toll on us in many ways. No one wants to look older, but it's not always easy to take care of your skin or to know what effect your current bad habits may have on the overall aging process.
I don't know about you, but I love taking online quizzes. Now, get an idea of how you're aging, Women's Health magazine has put together a quick test that will tell you how old your skin looks. Click here to take the test.
Regardless of your score, the Women's Health editors have put together a book called Age Erasers for Women (available for sale here) that contains tips galore on how to not look (or feel!) your age.
Here are some highlights on how to care for your eyes that we can all benefit from:
- To Repair: Scientists are targeting raccoon eyes with high-tech toning and tightening ingredients which prevent stray blood cells from leaking out of under-eye vessels. Try SkinMedica TNS Illuminating Eye Cream, with NouriCel-MD.
- To Prevent: Retinol, a vitamin A derivative, can mask circles by thickening the thin skin under eyes making it less transparent. For prevention of dark circles, we recommend Jan Marini Factor-A Eyes for Dark Circles.
- To Repair: Researchers have found that peptides stimulate collagen production, boosting in skin firmness forces fluids out from under eyes. We recommend Kinerase Under Eye Rescue to repair puffiness.
- To Prevent: Skin-care brand Vichy conducted a study of 41 women who used their Vichy Oligo 25 Eyes Anti-Fatigue Cooling Effect Stick and found that it reduced the appearance of under eye bags by 25 percent. Try it!
- To Repair: Scientists have found that amino acids can block the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract working similarly to Botox. Try Freeze 24-1 Anti-Aging Eye Serum or Dermadoctor Immobile Lines for your crow’s feet troubles.
- To Prevent: A powerful antioxidant called idebenone gobbles up cell-damaging free radicals to keep wrinkles from forming. We recommend BeingTrue Anti-Aging I-Lift Eye Countour Concentrate or Prevage Eye Anti-Aging Moisturizing Treatment