Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Matte-r of Fact

I adore OPI's nail lacquers. There are so many colors to pick from, they go on well, and they last for a reasonable amount of time. The other thing I like about OPI nail lacquers--and all nail polishes for that matter--is that they make my nails look shiny and feel slick.

Well, available now is a new line of OPI products that take away all the shimmer and shine: Matte by OPI. Yup....matte nail color. Matte by OPI comes in six "iconic" OPI shades – Russian Navy, Lincoln Park After Dark, Alpine Snow, You Don’t Know Jacques!, La Paz-itively Hot, and Gargantuan Green Grape.

To properly wear these matte shades, OPI recommends that you do NOT use a base coat, top coat, drying drops, or hand cream. The wear time of the matte lacquers is significantly less than the normal lacquers.

What do you think of matte nails? I think they sound like a huge pain. I bet it takes a great deal of time (and skill) to apply matte nail color cleanly, and they seem like they'd be very high maintenance. Are matte nails something you'd try out? I think I'll pass!

4 comments:

sugar & spice said...

yeah i'm with you, matte polish seems like way to much work for something that just doesn't look right. i've seen it on other people and it looks kinda dirty, idk why... maybe i'm insane :) <3

Brooke said...

I have enough problems being coordinated enough putting regular polish on - this stuff sounds scary...

Spyder said...

These sound like more trouble than they're worth. Then again I don't put anything on my nails so I'm not the best judge.

Katie - ItsMyMakeover.com said...

Wow who has the time for that? Plus, I'd agree it doesn't look the best