Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beauty Confessions: Dirty Girl!

Last week, I confessed to you that I commit a beauty sin: I wash my hair each and every day.

Well, now I need to make another confession: Even though I know better, I don't always wash my face before going to bed at night. Yes, I admit it. Sometimes I fall asleep with my makeup on. I hang my head in shame.

According to professionals, not washing your face leaves makeup and other environmental gunk that you pick up during the day clinging to your skin. All this yucky stuff can lead to clogged pores which means that zits and blackheads could erupt all over your face just because you're too tired to wash your face.

Even though I sometimes skip the all important step of washing my face with warm water and a gentle cleanser, I almost always try to use a facial wipe, like Boot's No. 7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 Wipes to get my makeup off.

How about you? Do you wash your face every night, or do you fall asleep with the morning's mascara caked in your lashes? Let me know....leave a comment!

10 comments:

Ej said...

lol it happens, but I keep wet wipes and evian facial spray next to my bed. It doesn't clean everything but it's better than nothing :)

Posey said...

I will admit that it happens. Sometimes after a long day/night, i cant even imagine going in the bathroom and having to wash my face lol. I would say it only happens about once a month, but in the morning, i can always tell that i should have taken the 30 secnds and just washed my face lol

Leslie said...

I used to be religious about taking my makeup off before bed/washing my face/etc. And now I hardly ever do it.

*hangs head in shame*

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

Noooo I practically never do it. In fact, OK, I don't. I just forget and by the time I remember I can't be arsed. I use face wipes. I did buy some make up remover stuff this week though so I need to make a start on using that!

phairhead said...

Another member of the Dirty Girl Club. If I'm tired, I don't do it. If I'm not wearing makeup that day, I don't do it. It definately helps to have Body Shop Cleansing Cloths for the ultra lazy like me.

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

I do usually wash my face; however, I may have a long night out on the town once in a blue moon and not wash my face when I get home...because I am either A. too tired or B. too drunk to care...haha...oops :) Otherwise, I make myself do it or else my face would be one huge pimple.

The Mighty J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mighty J said...

I don't generally wear any MU regularly other than lippies. When I do I do make an effort to take it off at the end of the night but not necessarily by washing it off. I tend to use a foaming cleanser that requires no water. Sometimes I don't do a really thorough job when I am umm err under the influence I admit LOL On the other hand, I don't wash my hair everyday, every 2/3 days only.

vancouver based makeup artist said...

i do it once in a while if i havent went anywhere that day, but when ever i leave the house, i wash my face at the end of the day, i just cant help but think about all the pollution, or car smoke, or bacteria all over my face, then my pillows, which i just think makes my pillow dirty for the next day when i do wash my face, then just go lay on all that agian.