IT'S THE ECONOMY STUPID
The economic downturn has been big news this year. With a great deal of uncertainty out there, most of us don't feel comfortable spending a lot of money on beauty products. Here are some tips I've given on how to stay beautiful and keep cash in your pocket:
- From January 2008: How to pamper yourself without breaking the bank (click here).
- While you're out shopping and trying to save money, why not also try to save the environment? Click here for tips.
- Save some bucks but keep your nails looking great. Do your nails at home! Click here to do it right.
- If you still want to indulge in spa treatments, here are some ways to save money.
- $5 for beauty? Yup...here are some great buys under $5!
- Get an entire face of beauty for less than $32. Here's how I did it.
- There are some products that, in my opinion, are way too pricey for me to consider buying. Click here to learn more.
- Sometimes spending more money on a product to get high quality isn't necessary. Click here to see what I mean.
- Do you really know if you're getting a good deal when you're out shopping? Click here for tips.
Here are some tips on achieving hot looks from 2008...in case you're feeling the need to relive the last year through your makeup or you're wanting to update a bit:
- Rock out with metal-inspired makeup beautifully, not brutally.
- Your face is your canvas and here are makeup tips based on major fine art movements
- Click here for tips on applying eyeliner, here to apply mascara like a pro, here to be a blushing beauty, and here for all you need to know about concealer.
- Smoky eyes are always hot. Click here to pull off the look perfectly.
- Look like a vintage pin-up beauty. Click here for Bettie Page-inspired glam.
- Even though it's winter, you can still get inspiration from this post on fall beauty. Or click here to keep your look hot during these chilly days. And don't forget: this winter, purple is in. Click here for some great purple beauty picks.
- Keep your look work appropriate during the day with these tips.
My goal is to review a beauty product every week for you...this doesn't always happen! Regardless, here are my BPOWs (Beauty Products of the Week) for 2008 (I had a thing for mascara this year!):
- Lorac Lotsa Lash Mascara
- L'Oreal Professional Colorist Collection
- Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream
- Nexxus Humectress Luxe Leave-in Spray
- Sally Hansen Smile Brightening Lip Treatment
- Kiehl's Creme De Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish
- Sephora Matte Blotting Film
- Smashbox Bionic Mascara
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara
- Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Microdermabrasion
- Imju's Fiberwig Mascara
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream
- Cover Girl LashBlast
- Frederic Fekkai's Salon Glaze Clear Shine Rinse
- Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara
- Tassi Headband
- Sephora Nail Patch
- Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lipcolor
- Anastasia Brow Pen
- Federic Fekkai's 3-Minute Hair Mask
- Sally Hansen Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Pen
- Smashbox O Gloss
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips
- Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub (Blemish and Blackhead Control)
Move over, Oprah! Click here to see my favorite products...or at least the beauty products I use on an almost daily basis.
Wow. What a year! It seemed to just fly by. I have high hopes for 2009 and will be back soon to help you get ready to face a new year.