I don't travel as often as I'd like, but I fly more than I'd like (flying is the pits!). When it comes to taking a trip that involves serious amounts of packing and traveling, I pare down my makeup collection to my absolute essentials. Honestly, the less I have to pack, the better.
So what am I packing for this trip? Here are the only items I'm taking with me...my beauty must haves:
- Olay Complete UV Protection Moisture Lotion: My everyday moisturizer--I can't leave home without it! And while on vacation, I'll use it both morning and night. No need for a separate night cream.
- Pur Minerals Starter Kit: This has everything I'll need for my face--a 4-in-1 mineral foundation, and two choices for blush, either a pink or brown hue (I use the brown on my eyes instead of packing a separate eyeshadow!)
- Eyeliner: I use a super cheap no-name eyeliner pencil in dark brown...I don't need any more than that for this trip!
- Great Lash: quite possibly my favorite drugstore product ever!
- Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper: this is my go-to lip product. It's easy to pack, it feels good on, and costs less than $10. You really can't go wrong with this one.
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm: if I need to explain why this is a beauty essential, you obviously haven't joined the Burt's Bees cult yet!
- My favorite tools: including tweezers, a couple of brushes, and a brow/lash brush.
- A gentle face cleansing cream. For this trip, I'm going retro and am taking a tube of St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which I'll be doing a Beauty Product of the Week review of in the coming weeks.
What are your beauty essentials? What products would you never travel without?