What did you think? O Gloss is the "IT" gloss of the moment. Everyone raves about it and it's one of the Best of Beauty products at Sephora, so it was with high expectations that I tried it out. It is with a degree of sadness that I say I am far from impressed. I'm not buying the hype, nor would I buy this product.
In the interest of fairness, here is what I like about O Gloss:
- The concept. A product that is "intuitive" and that changes appearance based on each individual user is intriguing.
- The color. On me, O Gloss was a pretty berry-pink shade. It was very natural and flattering.
- The applicator. In my humble opinion, I would have preferred that O Gloss be packaged in a tube that has an applicator--either a brush or foam head. I am not fond of the rather bare-bones "squeeze it out and slide it on" approach to O Gloss. Because of the applicator (or should I say, the LACK of an applicator), I found O Gloss difficult to apply. I always had either too much or not enough on my lips. A brush or foam tip would have solved this.
- The taste. Or, again, the lack there of. One thing I like about lipsticks and glosses is knowing that they're on my lips. I like the way a lot of lip products taste or make my lips feel. This product has almost no scent/flavor, which some people (not I!) might like.
- The feel. O Gloss felt really thick and oogy on my lips. I can't really describe the feel. My lips weren't sticky, they weren't matte...they just felt smothered under a layer of thick goo.
- The lack of shine. I like my gloss to be glossy. O Gloss doesn't give off that sexy shimmer that most glosses provide.