Recap of Show
Anxieties ran high during this week's short cut challenge when contestants had to style some extremely long hair without ever picking up a pair of scissors. Yikes! Some of these women had hair longer than Rapunzel! I can't imagine going through life with 60+ inches of hair...maybe that's just me! Celebrity stylist Campbell McAuley judged the resulting up-dos on creativity and use of accessories. Nekisa and Nicole rounded out the bottom two for lacking direction and playing it too safe. Matthew and Charlie were the most successful, and Matthew came out on top for his bold, dynamic work. He proceeded to spend the rest of the episode talking incessantly about how much he loves his wife.
The elimination challenge found the stylists matching a red carpet look of their choosing to a dress their client was to wear. Glenn, Charlie and Gail were the judge’s top three, and Charlie's polished blonde wave won him immunity once again. Charlie always comes out on top. Paulo, Nicole and Matthew performed the worst, but for committing the cardinal sin of ignoring his client, Matthew was the one told to go home. He was thrilled to return to his wife though. Apparently he loves her very much. (He was kinda creepy!)
If you want to get Charlie's winning look (above), here are some tips from Roy Teeluck from sponsor, Nexxus:
To get red carpet ready, choose a classic style that compliments your dress. Remember, your hair can be one of your greatest accessories!
- For hair that has recently been colored, make sure to shampoo and condition your hair with color safe products. Try Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo and Nexxus Color Ensure Conditioner to keep the color looking vibrant and fresh.
- Apply a volumizing mousse such as Nexxus Mousse Plus to the crown to build body.
- Then, work in a styling lotion, like Nexxus Versastyler, from the mid-length to the ends to help add definition and control to your style.
- Create a side part and blow-dry hair using a large, round brush. Set hair in large rollers to create more volume. Allow hair to cool to help set style.
- Once hair has cooled, remove rollers and divide hair into large sections. Take the front section and set aside. Curl the other sections using a large barrel roller. Pull hair to one side and secure with bobby pins.
- To create the classic marcel wave, take the front section of hair and curl once using the large barrel curling iron. Position hair into a stylized wave and clip in place. Spray the wave liberally with a stronghold hairspray such as Nexxus Maxximum to help hold the shape.
- Remove clips. Finishing look with an additional misting of hairspray.