Sunday, March 09, 2008

What Say You?

I was reading one of my many fashion and beauty mags the other day, and they were highlighting trends for the new season. One trend they were touting was white fingernail polish.

I thought about this for a bit and came to the realization that white fingernails are not for me. Even when they're done right, white nails look sickly. When done wrong, it looks like you painted your nails with White Out. I don't think it's a flattering or healthy look, especially on fair skinned people like me. I, for one, will be skipping this trend.

But what do I know? I am far from an authority on trends, but I can't see falling for white fingernails. Nude nails? Yes. French manicures? Hell no. But what do you think? Would you paint your nails white for the upcoming warmer months? Leave a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

i agree that skin tone has a lot to do with it. i am fair skinned as well and i find that you have to be very careful with colors. i also believe that white looks better with shorter nails and also a better brand of polish such as OPI, etc. goes a long way so you don't get the "white out" look.
speaking of white out, i saw a guy get carded for buying it the other day. wtf is the world coming to?

Princess Bitch said...

i think white nails looks like white out. not okay.

and i kinda like the french mani look, so long as its on your real nails and not overly done. meaning the white doesnt hop off your nails in a blarring sort of way. i think with quality polish, it doesnt look cheap. but on fake nails? yeah, may as well add on sparkles or stickers or some painted shit. lol

Anonymous said...

I think that opaque white nails look gross. But, I often use a kind of sheer white/pink nail polish, and it looks really cute and natural. I don't know if sheer white/pink is classified as nude or not...but if it falls under the white category, it's one color I'd make an exception for.

Smirking Cat said...

White? No. I love black nails though, especially on pale people like me! I like dark colors, or irridescent.

diamondcanopy said...

Not so keen on white nails. Only because it reminds me of being about 13 and all the kids painting their nails with tippex in class. Ew.