Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Um...Why?

I was just on the Sephora website and I came across a section where they were talking about makeovers. And while I adore trying out new looks, the makeover (above) left me scratching my head. The good folks over at Too Faced attacked a perfectly normal looking woman with a ton of bronze. (If you're dying to get this look for yourself, click here for step by step instructions.)

Is it just me? I mean honestly, this poor woman looks horrific. How can anyone really think that this look is flattering or fun? She looks a bit like a clown--or Ann Coulter--and, frankly, clowns and Ann Coulter scare the crap out of me.

What do you think? Would you want to look like this?

5 comments:

Jolene said...

The lipcolor is nice.......

This reminds me of watching bare essentials (or just about any other make-up brand)programs on QVC. At first the models look pretty and made up just right. And then they just keep going. Adding, more, and more, and more makeup until the models all look ten years older. Scary.

yummy411 said...

aw she doesn't look that bad lydia, she just looks like she's going for a night time look. i wouldn't wear that heavy of a liner, etc. during the day...

Lydia said...

Jolene: I know what you mean about the makeovers on QVC. Some of the makeup artists/salespeople seem to be attacking people with makeup. It looks as though it might hurt to be madeup by those people!

Yummy: You are very kind. I think the look is a bit too much....but maybe I am just being cynical!

Julia said...

Ew, I hate this look. Especially with the orange eyeshadow...she looks so pretty and natural before!

Anonymous said...

Oh hell no. Looks terrible. Caked on, especially area next to her eyes. Tsk, tsk, shame on the person who was responsible. She looks like a clown/whore and a lot older..