It just seems to early for all this! But I think I've caught on to how retailers push the holidays. It goes something like this:
- December 26th: Put all the holiday stuff on sale and start selling Valentine's Day crap
- February 15th: Discount V-day and push St. Patrick's Day and Easter
- Day after Easter: Half off peeps and the start of the Mother's Day/Father's Day/Graduation/4th of July Season
- July 5th: Goodbye Uncle Sam, hello Halloween! Oh, and Thanksgiving. Can't forget that!
- October 31st: Adios, pumpkins. Time to bust out the Christmas spirit. Ho, ho, ho.
But I just can't do it yet...I need to bask in the calmness of the pre-Thanksgiving down time. There's plenty of time to worry about what blush I need to buy and what mascara is "the one" to give this year. After all, nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a brand new lipstick.
What's your take? Do you think they're pushing the holiday cheer a little early this year or am I just being a Ba-Hum-Bug?