Monday, October 15, 2007

What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Halloween is creeping up on us and if you're planning on getting dressed up for the occasion, it's probably time to start planning out your costume. Halloween is my fourth wedding anniversary (yes, I was a bride on Halloween back in '03...and yes, I did, in fact, wear black!) and I haven't dressed up to celebrate the day in a while. The last time I did, I was a Domestic Goddess. I wore a cute black skirt, a white button down blouse, fake pearls, a cool French maid-style apron, and these crazy black, faux fur lined black rubber gloves. And I carried around a feather duster. Good times.

If you need a little inspiration for your Halloween costume or hints on how to do your Halloween makeup, here are a few sites to check out:
And for all of you who come to my site in search of how to apply makeup like the members of the rock band, KISS, click over to this site to see the evolution of their Kabuki-style makeup. KISS could be a fun, easy Halloween costume for you and a few friends this year!

Since I'm a Halloween freak, be sure to leave me a comment letting me know what you're going to be this year, or what your favorite costume has been!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm being a "punk fairy": blue 'rocker' style shirt, dainty purple skirt, shiny purple tights, and shiny spray-painted shoes. Haven't found my perfect wings yet...but I'm going for something silver/purple and pointy.
Oh, and lots of glittery makeup. :)

finding the filth said...

congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

i'm not sure what im going to be for halloween this year. i will be out in vegas meeting up with a bunch of good friends & am at the mercy of whatever is in my friend's closet. thankfully she's a halloween fanatic, so there should be lots to chose from. i think she said something about a toga & a roman headdress... anything that involves a headdress sounds perfect for me.

if i had room in my suitcase i'd bring my all-time favorite costume: elvis in drag. it consists of a gaudy vintage white floor-length dress, with silver & gold embroidery detail all down the back, monster vintage white platform heels, ridiculously long false lashes & a huge bouffant black wig. it's so insane, i wish i could get married in this outfit.

Lydia said...

I was in Vegas 2 Halloweens ago--its a mad house that time of the year! People were in all sorts of costumes--it was so much fun. We went to a show and people in line were wearing blow-up sumo wrestler costumes. So funny! The elvis in drag sounds perfect, esp for vegas!

and anon--the more glitter the better at halloweend!

Michelle said...

I'm going as Samantha, from Bewitched.It's a costume that I can wear at work, then reuse the dress and shoes later.

I have a sexier witch costume for later in the night.