Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lush for Life

There are a handful of stores I try to avoid--not because I hate them, but because I know that if I go in, I'll spend way too much money on stuff I really don't need. One of these places is Lush, a company that sells handmade and super yummy soaps, bubble baths, bath bombs, and other cosmetics. Well, today I finally allowed myself to visit one of their stores, and wow! I loved it.

If you are not lucky enough to have a Lush near you, visit their website (www.lush.com) to check out their amazing goods. If you have a Lush close by, get over there immediately. Even if you don't but something (and let's face it--their prices are high so buying something may not always be an option), you'll still experience blissful sensory overload. The store smells all minty, rosy, chocolaty and delicious, and my husband said the soaps looked good enough to eat--I agree completely.

Along with looking and smelling beautiful, Lush's products are handmade and not tested on animals. They contain natural ingredients and, from what I'm told, have amazing staying power. Apparently, a bar of soap from Lush will last a good while.

For my maiden voyage, I picked up a bubble bath bar, a trio of Lush's most popular bar soaps, and a honey-scented bath bomb for my 5 year old nephew. My nephew enjoyed the bath bomb so much he had to call me right after his bath to tell me how much he loved it (and me!) and that he wanted to try all the varieties. You can't get a more ringing endorsement than that!

Go get your Lush on--you'll love it, I promise!

4 comments:

finding the filth said...

oh, how i love lush! but there's no chance i can let myself in there more than once a blue moon. though, i've drooled over their catalog a hundred times.

a friend recently gave me one of their bubble bath bars. forgot the name, but it was covered in gold glitter and smelled divine. i was able to stretch it out to 4 baths, by breaking off chunks. my skin felt so soft afterwards and there was no big glitter mess left in the tub.

another friend gave me one of their gift boxes a while back. it had the sex bomb, a soap, one of the massage bars and an exfoliator. really amazing stuff!

the gift boxes are the best value. you can get a 6-pack of bath bombs for a pretty good price. and the shops are really generous with samples. i got a sample of their moisturizer called gorgeous - it was like silk! i am just dying to get my hands on one of their face masks...

Lydia said...

i totally agree! its sooo amazing but really much too expensive to go to regularly. I picked up a 3 pack of soap for $20, which is a good value at their prices. the whole experience of going to their store is just so, well, lush! love it!

Jolene said...

I buy Lush bi-monthly. It's my one real indulgence.

I don't buy a lot of make-up, just what I need for day to day and few extras for special occasions. I don't buy expensive shoes, my high arches and bad back can't handle them anyway. I don't buy expensive or trendy clothes because i work in a preschool, and you simply can not wear anything to preschool that you don't mind getting covered in paint or bodily fluids.

So Lush it is. I have very sensitive skin (I know, I know, my issues go on and on), and lush not only makes skin and body products that work great for me, but their bath products are some of the only ones that don't irritate my skin. In fact they have one Bomb: Dream ON, that I have keep several in stock. They have wonderful skin calming ingredients, so on those days when I feel like my whole body is itching and I can't stand it, I take a bath with one of those, and it calms my skin down.

I considered working there this summer. Every time I go in I either end up telling one of the SAs something they didn't know about the products, or I end up making recommendation for other customers. But it didn't work out with my summer school hours. Darn.

Serendipity said...

OMG! I LOVE LUSH!!!! I go there whenever i can! i have two deorderant bars from them and some coconut deorderant powder i could just eat it!

But like everyone else, i dont go there much b/c of the price. Lydia-we need to plan a girlly mani/pedi/lush adventure! maybe even a trip to vancouver, bc?? there is a lush on robson street....