Ditch the tacky stars and stripes Mom sweaters (you know what I'm talking about!) and instead put your best face forward with one of these three summery makeup palettes:
- Summer Sunset Color Story and BeautySaver from American Beauty, $25 at Kohl's. This set will help you create a pretty summer glow with the help of an anti-aging face cream, an eyeshadow duo in Sunny Honey, some bronzing powder, and a long-wearing lipcolor in a patriotic gingery-red.
- Desert Island Essentials from Laura Geller, $45 at Sephora. Declare your Independence from time-sucking makeup application with this limited edition set. This will get you geared up for the summer and the 4th with minimal ease. The bronze and brighten will give you a beachy look which will be a great base for orange and brown-tinted lipgloss, mascara and eyeliner.
- Love Lisa Battle Box from Too Faced, $32.50 at Ulta. Inspired by Lisa Blandino, Too Faced creator Jerrod Blandino's sister, who is battling skin cancer comes this beauty kit. Included are a collection of four eye shadows, two lip glosses and one duo face shimmer all in shades of pink and gold. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Melanoma Research Foundation, so you can look good and help others at the same time. Retail philanthropy is sooo American!
- Be sure to wear plenty of sunblock.
- For the love of god, please, please, please don't paint American flags on your fingernails!! Resist the temptation!! Trust me on this.