In order to lift me out of my funk, I decided to buy a few affordable items from Ulta this evening, and already I feel a little better. Here's what I picked up and why:
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream: My hands have been looking pretty shabby and dry lately and are in serious need of some TLC. Since this product was on sale, I figured I'd give it a try. Coworkers have said great things about it, so we'll see what happens.
- Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Say Nail Color in Surely Ivory: There was a big display of these nail polishes in Ulta, and I figured I'd give it a real life road test. I think I'll paint my nails tomorrow (again, in hopes of making my hands look prettier) and see how long I go without a chip. With normal nail polishes, if I paint them on Sunday I'm chipped by Thursday. Hopefully this one lasts longer. It has a money back guarantee, though I can't imagine actually doing all the paperwork necessary to get back my five bucks!
- Neutrogena Liquid Facial Cleanser: I've used Purity Made Simple by Philosophy for a while, but I'm sick of paying soooo much money for an every day facial wash. Again, this product was on sale, and since its a drugstore classic, I thought I'd give it a try.
- Cover Girl TruShine Lipcolor in Blushberry: Cover Girl claims that they've taken the trial and error out of picking a lipcolor. They claim that if you just buy one of the colors in your skin tone range, the color will look good on you. I've had a few people tell me they liked this line of lipsticks, so I thought I'd pick up for a tube for myself. Like I've said before: I have a lust for lipgloss!
- Maybelline Define-a-Lash Mascara in Very Black: Maybelline is really hyping their latest mascara. Every time I flip through a magazine, I see Maybelline's green tube of mascara and a model with crazy-long lashes. I know I won't get lashes like the ones in the ad, but its always fun to sample a new mascara. We'll see how this one stands up to my favorite cheap tube: Great Lash.