Tuesday, February 06, 2007

How I Stopped Bitching and Learned to Love Makeup Again!

In reading some of my recent blog entries lately, I am a little uncomfortable with my level of snarkiness. It seems like I have a lot to bitch about these days, which on one hand is a normal thing (who doesn't have something to complain about?), but on the other hand, I need to snap out of my negativity.

So, that said, I'm not going to focus my attention on the greed and hypocrisy of cosmetics companies or even on poor product design. Instead, I'm going to sit here quite happily, listening to Type O Negative (my favorite band in the whole world) and list some products that I can't wait to test out for my blog...call it my wish list, if you will (hey! that's handy, since my birthday is coming up!):
  • Olay Regenerist Eye Derma-Pod Anti-Aging Triple Response System: That's a mouthful! Have you seen these suckers? I caught a commercial for them last night and I really want to give them a try. These are brand spanking new to the market and they're basically single use "pods" that contain some sort of magical anti-aging cream. You just rub the pod over your lids, giving the skin around your eyes a gentle massage while delivering what Olay claims is a super fabulous eye defense. Sign me up! I sooo want to try this.
  • Deep Throat Blush and Striptease Lipgloss Set by Nars: Not only does this set have a great name, but the colors of the blush and the gloss look gorgeous. Nudes are so flattering, and (at least on the Internet!) these look like they'd be great. I'm just a little confused, though. Wouldn't it make more sense for the lipgloss to be called Deep Throat? Hmmm.
  • Skyn Iceland Oxygen Night Cream with Biospheric Complex: The greedy, super-yuppie side of me is dying to add an expensive, wrinkle-busting night cream to my "beauty" routine. For some reason, as I'm about to turn a ripe-old 31, I have this weird desire to boost the amount of money I'm saving for retirement and to amp up my war against wrinkles. When I looked in the mirror the other day, I swear the one little wrinkle by my nose was getting more noticeable. And while I doubt I'd ever go for a cosmetic surgery type of fix, I sure can try to smooth my skin out with some fancy-schmancy night cream! I'll think of it as a 401K for my skin.
  • MAC Cosmetic's Valentine Vanity: I don't think I really want to own this item--I just want to want it. Does that make any sense? It's so expensive ($260) but it's a beautiful red case full of happy MAC products. We're talking ultra-romantic eyeshadows, mascaras, lip colors, and much more. I have lust in my heart, and I am not afraid to admit it.
Phew...I feel much less bitchy now!

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

All im going to say is this:

i love you even when your bitchy!

(and deep throat should be lipgloss, thank you very much!)