Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Honey Girl

I'm a firm believer in and frequent practitioner of the old saying "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." I so prefer to kill people with kindness that I often refer to myself as a Honey Girl. So, in honor of one of my favorite sayings, here are some yummy honey-based products, just in time for a super sweet Valentine's Day (or night):
  • Urban Decay Honey Flavored Body Powder, $26. This Vegas-inspired honey scented (and flavored) shimmery powder promises to add a bit of Sin City's glitz to your skin. Urban Decay describes it as "sparkly, scented, and delicious," and with the cute leopard-print powder puff that comes with it, who could ask for anything more? This is sure to leave an impression on any Honey Do list!
  • LoLLOA Relax Foaming Bath in Lavender and Honey, $32. The name alone evokes images of the ultimate in relaxation...a nice steamy, bubbly bath with the scents of lavender and honey filling the room...sounds perfect. This isn't your ordinary bubble bath--it comes in a wine bottle with an actual cork. Reviewers love this product for it's sensual scent, it's frothy bubbles, and it's overall presentation. I don't know about you, but I could be convinced to spend $32 on bubble bath (hell, I spent about that much for a bottle of liquid body soap in Paris back in the 1990s, but that's another story for another time).
  • Benefit Cosmetic Honey Snap Out of It Scrub, $26. God, I could use this product right about now! This has been on the market for 20+ years, and its blend of almond and honey exfoliate the skin and help revive the spirit. I love a good multi-tasker!
  • Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm, $3. Burt's Bees lip balm is a staple for me and my husband. It provides so much moisture and feels refreshing. This honey version replaces the familiar minty flavor with a sweet kiss of honey. Check it out if you're a Burt's Bees fan.
Do something nice for yourself or your Valentine and try out one of these sweeties. You, too, will be convinced that you catch more flies with honey!

No comments: