Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Think Pink!

I love pink. Having been a goth-girl once upon a time, I shied away from girly pink and opted for blacker than black whenever I had the chance. I even remember having one of those annoying cheerleader-type girls once say to me "So, since you wear so much black, do you worship the devil?" To which I responded, "So, since you wear so much pink, do you worship Barbie?" Give me a break, it was 7th grade and I thought I was being witty.

But now that I'm all grown up and (kinda) out of the goth phase of my life, I've allowed myself to give in to my girly-ness and adore pink. Plus my love of pink drives my almost 5-year old nephew crazy, always a bonus.

With Valentine's Day being so close, several cosmetics companies are offering up pink-themed goodies. Check some of these out--they look like fun!
  • Red Velvet Cake 3-in-1 by Philosophy, $16. Philosophy is great! They always make such yummy products, and this looks like it's no exception. The red velvet cake inspired 3-in-1 (shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath) promises to fill your shower with super-sweet scents. Who wouldn't want to start their day with a little cakey aromatherapy?
  • Hopelessly Devoted to Pink Eye and Lip Palette by Benefit, $28. This great little palette offers sugary-sweet lipglosses and eye shadows that will certainly make you look like a delectable confection for Valentine's Day!
  • Park Place Princess 5-Piece Collection by BareEscentuals, $42. Who doesn't want to feel like a princess from time to time? If you can't have a tiara or a title, this just might be the next best thing. BareEscuentuals' ulta-femme kit includes two all-over face glimmers, BareEscentauls' fabulous mineral veil, lipgloss, and a lux-looking brush, all in a cute, pink box.
I won't dare say that pink is the new black, but these pink themed products are sure to soften even the most hard-core among us. You just can't deny the power of pink--it just makes you smile! Maybe Barbie is on to something after all!

No comments: