Thursday, January 18, 2007

Beauty Product of the Week: Jonathan Product Add Moisture Moisturizing Conditioner

What is it? Celebrity hairstylist and Blow Out star, Jonathan Anton's Add Moisture Moisturizing Conditioner "is enriched with aloe plant and sea extracts to deeply nourish, Basil Essential Water to condition, sweet almond protein and almond oil to repair, and exotic butters like almond, mango, illipe, and shea to restore moisture, softness, and luster. Antioxidant-rich botanicals, and thermal and UV filters shield hair from damage and help prevent color from fading. Hair is left soft, silky, and ready for styling." Available at Sephora and QVC for $22.00.

What did you think? While I lust after lipsticks and glosses, I'm not one to spend a ton of money on my hair. That will probably change sooner or later, but I still whimpered a bit when I forked out the dough for this conditioner. The reason I made my purchase was because I tried a sample of Add Moisture and really liked the way my hair looked and felt after using it.

I was eager to use Add Moisture on a regular basis, convinced that it would leave my hair in better shape than when I started. I've used Add Moisture for a bit now, and I think I'm having a love-hate relationship with it.

On the up side, I love the way this product smells (it can only be described as yummy--kind of like sugar and spice, and yes--everything nice). It also leaves my hair manageable and feeling great. This may sound a little odd, but I find myself running my fingers through my hair after using this product.

On the down side, I have a hard time dispensing the product from the bottle. I know how weird that sounds, but I feel like an utter klutz when I go to use it. The bottle doesn't squeeze right and the product comes out in bizarre ribbons. I also find that it doesn't feel creamy and luxurious when I work it through my hair. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

The final verdict? Like I said, it's a love-hate kind of thing. I wish the bottle design were a little more functional than good looking, but who am I to prefer substance over style? I'll use the entire bottle, but I won't be too quick to purchase Add Moisture again. Sorry, Jonathan, but if I'm going to pay more than $10 (told you I'm cheap when it comes to my hair) on a bottle of conditioner, I want to feel pampered when I use it. I want instant gratification, and with Add Moisture, I don't get its full benefit until after I've had my own blow out.

No comments: