Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Booty Call!

Last week, right before the huge windstorm here in Western Washington, I received a box of beautiful freebies to try out from a company called Booty Parlor (see? This little blog thing can pay off!).

Booty Parlor is a woman-centered adult store, specializing in designer toys, kits, lingerie and beauty products. Their products are sold online, at Victoria's Secret, and through in-home Booty Parlor parties (think Tupperware parties with a twist!). Booty Parlor was created by a wife and husband team, and their list of clients includes Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Gwen Stefani among others.

It was a tough job, but I managed to try out the products they sent me over the weekend. Here are my thoughts:

Dust Up Kissable Body Shimmer, $28. Available in Cruisin' for a Bronzin' (Cinnamon Sugar), Punch Drunk Pink (Sugar Pie), or Don't Call Me Honey (Honey). Body shimmer is not really my thing--I'm not in to being all glittery--but this body shimmer felt great on my skin. It is packaged beautifully in a pink ball and includes a soft and attractive puff for easy application. It did leave a glittery-glow on my skin, but I found it to be subtle--not trashy looking like some body shimmers.

I used both the Honey and the Sugar Pie versions, and they left my skin smelling sweet and looking radiant. As an added bonus, the body shimmer tastes great, too! The folks over at Booty Parlor say this is both sweet and naughty, and I'd have to agree!

Don't Stop Massage Oil, $12-$25, depending on size. Some massage oils tend to be sticky and heavy, leaving the recipient of the massage needing a shower instead of feeling relaxed. Not this product! It's non-greasy and absorbs easily into the skin. It's scent is also light and appealing, with notes of raspberry and musk.

My husband enjoyed both giving and getting a massage with this oil. I, too, enjoyed it! Apart from the feel of it, I also liked the packaging. At first I was worried that the round bottle would slip out of my hands or be prone to dripping. Instead, the orb-shape was easy to hold and control and was surprisingly mess-free. Like the body shimmer, the packaging is perfect! Booty Parlor suggests adding a few drops of Don't Stop to the bath for "soft, sexy skin"--I haven't done this yet, but look forward to trying it out!

Light My Fire Candle, $12. Candles and intimate products go together, well...hand in hand, for lack of a better term! Booty Parlor's candle smells yummy and sets the right atmosphere. They suggest using it along with their massage oil or with their bubble bath. The candle is long burning (85 hours) and high-quality. It would look great in a bathroom or vanity next to the other equally attractive Booty Parlor products.

I'm So Sexy Lip Gloss, $14. Available in red-tinted Cinnamon Shine or Peppermint Pink. I love lip gloss--I like the cheap stuff, the expensive stuff, and everything in between. You know me...I can't get enough!

I was excited to try out both shades of Booty Parlor's gloss, and I was not disappointed. When I put on the Cinnamon Shine, my husband said "Mmm...you smell like Big Red gum!" Apparently that's a good thing!

Both glosses go on well--the amount of color you get depends on the amount of color you want. I prefer the Peppermint Pink--it tastes a little better and the color is more flattering to my skin tone. While both glosses produce ultra-lustrous, long-wearing shine, I am happy to report that they are not too sticky (I have long hair that can get stuck on my lips if it's too tacky!). The Booty Parlor people suggest pairing up their lip gloss with their body shimmer in order to "get sexy quick."

Booty Parlor sells other items I'm dying to try out, including a bubble bath and a tempting little product called Melt that might just be perfect for Valentine's Day. For the more adventurous among us, they also have several "love kits" designed for use by women with or without their partners.

Overall, Booty Parlor's products are amazing! They're packaged well and are high quality. The company is to be commended for treating "adult" products with a great deal of respect and seriousness. They are neither tawdry or gimmicky in their approach. Booty Parlor wants to make shopping for intimate items easy and enjoyable, and they're on the right track. I can't wait to make a few purchases in time for Valentine's!

2 comments:

Serendipity said...

I have never heard of this company before, but I am impressed with your findings and cant wait to check them out online....from home!

Lydia said...

I knew you'd be interested in them! I think you'll like it! :) Let me know!