Thursday, December 28, 2006

Beauty Product of the Week: Shine Happy

What is it? Natural Instincts Shine Happy is a clear shine treatment that will "add natural-looking shine to your hair in just minutes." It is designed to last up to four weeks on almost all hair colors and types. Available at drugstores for less than $10.00.

What did you think? Since this is a new product (well, new to me at least!) I was intrigued with the idea of a clear treatment that would add shine to my hair. I applied it on both my long, blonde locks, and on my husband's long, dark hair (he's a very patient Guinea pig!).

I've been an at-home hair dyer since my Manic Panic days in high school, so I was very comfortable with the familiar "apply, wait, rinse" application process of this product. Now let me be very clear here: even though it is sold right next to the other Natural Instincts hair dyes and it goes on almost exactly like at-home dye, there is NO color in this treatment. Nada...it only provides shine.

A day or two after using this product, I did notice that my hair was shinier than usual, as was my husband's. I initially thought that my husband's hair would benefit most from this product since his hair is so dark and completely virginal (never dyed, never processed, never even blown dry!). However, after a week or two, it seems that my hair (decidedly non-virginal!) has retained the shine better than my hubby's. That said, my hair's shine is subtle--I probably notice it more than anyone else.

The final verdict? Natural Instincts Shine Happy does exactly what it claims: it goes on easily and provides a healthy-looking shine--all without breaking the bank. If you are looking for super-crazy-reflective-shine, you'll be disappointed. If, however, you are looking for a product that will make you hair look healthier and cleaner, this could be the product for you.

I'm sort of on the fence. Part of me expected to have insane amounts of shine after using this. The other part of me is very happy with the amount of shine and dimension this product continues to give my hair. I suppose I would buy and use this product again, but I don't think it's something I can't live without.

1 comment:

Serendipity said...

I did notice your hair was looking awfully shiny last night when i saw you....perhaps i will pick this up for myself when im having a "i really need to do something different w/ my hair" day.... :)