- Try a tinted moisturizer. This is a "kill two birds with one stone" deal: you'll provide the moisture your skin is thirsting for and you'll even out your skin tone and hide imperfections at the same time. To really save time, try to find a tinted moisturizer containing an SPF, like Cover Girl CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer, approx. $8.00.
- Don't forget to apply concealer around your eyes. Just dab on a few dots of a concealer to cover up dark circles. Your eyes will look more radiant and awake, and it only takes a few seconds to apply. Neutrogena SkinClearing Concealer Oil-Free costs under $8.00 and provides light coverage that should work for your everyday routine.
- Cream-based blush is a time saver. You'll get the youthful look of a powder blush in half the time. Cream blush is easy to apply and allows you to quickly blend a healthy glow across the apples of your cheeks. Check out some of the many colors offered in the Revlon Cream Blush line, available for about $10.00.
- Mascara is a god-send. If you only have time to apply one product to your eyes, always go for a super black mascara. Be sure to comb your lashes and coat them well. Mascara will make your eyes more defined and elegant, and it's a snap to apply. You know me! I adore Maybelline's Great Lash in Blackest Black and its budget-friendly price tag of about $4.50.
- Loose powder will finish your look. You can cut down shine and even out your skin tone with a quick application of pressed powder. Try Cover Girl's Clean Pressed Powder, appox. $5.00.
- Use a tinted lip balm. You'll get some much needed color along with hydration and protection on your lips. Alba Terra Tints are cheap (less than $5), have a fresh minty flavor, and come in some yummy colors. I keep a tube of this stuff in my purse for a quick color pick-me-up.
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Time is Money
For busy women getting ready for work each morning, applying make up may seem like a necessary evil. When time is not on your side, here are some tips to speeding up your beauty routine: