Monday, November 06, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away!

It's another rainy day here in the verdant Pacific Northwest, and let me just say that my hair is paying the price. Here are my tips for dealing with your hair in the rain, wind and other crazy weather:
        • Don't spend too much time getting ready in the morning. It just doesn't make sense to spend hours styling and sculpting only to have your masterpiece ruined the minute you step outside.
        • Instead, opt for a simple ponytail. Keep everything loose and flowing--not too structured.
        • Avoid hair products! Sprays and gels will make hair sticky and goopy once they get wet. The only thing worse than a bad hair style is a bad sticky hair style.
        • When all else fails, wear a hat. Sure, you'll get hat head and your hair will be flat the minute you take the hat off, but there are a lot of cute, stylish chapeaus out there to keep you dry and save you from a bad hair day.

3 comments:

Serendipity said...

Its not just the rain but the HUMIDITY is killing me!!! I had the C-U-T-E-S-T hair this morning ever and the second I walked outside it frizzed out and looked limp and started to curl!!!! Let me just say this about that (hee, hee) I was happy that all i had to do today was turn around and drive back home b/c there was no school for Brittney today!!!

roxtarchic said...

i looooove the good ole bucket hat (or fishermans hat or drinking hat)... and if i tuck my hair behind my ears, the flathathair isnt as bad... (a lil serum at my office doesnt hurt either)

Lydia said...

I've been wearing a newsboy cap and it's been a life saver. and it's kind of cute. :)

serendipity...i feel bad for you that you went out and got a cute cut and color during this stupid November rain (Ah!!! I just made a guns n roses reference!). There's nothing worse than a bad hair day.